Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Waiting

I've now sent 2 care packages and am about to send a third, but decided not to post their content/design online until E receives them. I think it will take about ten days to get there, but we'll see! I'm excited for one to arrive so I have an idea of a timetable and can perhaps start including baked goods/homemade treats with the help of a vacuum sealer. It all depends on how long packages actually take to reach him to see if that will be a possibility in the future. I LOVE to bake and cook, so I really hope it will be something I can do for him, cause I know he misses my cooking ;)


Only one box was of the meticulously thought out variety, the second was thrown together in one night after a text from E requesting certain items. The third box will be much of the same, though I did learn some tips and tricks for packaging that I will be sharing soon!


As for how I'm doing, I think the worst thing about this so far is the utter disruption of my routine. With him gone, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself all the time, although finals start next week, so school will be all consuming for at least a little while. After that, I'm moving back to California, where E has not been a part of my daily life, so it will be easier to deal with, I think. 


I've been without him for up to a month before, so this part doesn't feel so awful, it's mostly the knowledge that it wont end in another two weeks....it will keep going for another several months...and that is, frankly, quite depressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment