Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Month: A Brief Update

Hi from Canada!

I've been a bit absent, as I've been packing and traveling. Pictures will be up as soon as I get back to a decent internet connection. My mom, brother and I went to Victoria, B.C. and are now in Vancouver, which is an amazingly beautiful city. Tomorrow is our last day here, and I'll be back to the Seattle area tomorrow night. Thursday we pack up my apartment and Friday we haul all of my stuff back to sunny California. I have an interview for a full time nanny position Sunday, so I hope that works out, I really need to start making and saving some $$.

This weekend marked one month of E being deployed. I'm in the mindset now that we have a decent chunk of time behind us, which has given us some momentum to just keep powering through. No other choice really. I think accepting that I have NO control over the situation is the hardest part for me, but it's really started to sink in. As such, I've adopted the attitude of "just keep going". Obviously, I can't end this, so I have no choice but to focus on what I'm doing and just keep moving forward. Plus, I've done some pretty awesome stuff in the last month, graduating from college, a soccer prom fundraiser, a movie, two concerts, a vacation, and a play! Again, pictures to come. Looks like I got a good start on my Deployment To-Do list =D

E and I have had decent communication. With his iPad and my iPhone we can iMessage, which is helpful as trying to text via Google voice was difficult, because there was a sometimes lengthy delay in sending, which was frustrating. We've also been able to FaceTime a little bit, though hopefully with more frequency in the weeks and months to come. It is so much easier to see them, their expressions, hear their voice. Much more normal than looking at little words on a screen. I am grateful, so grateful, for technology. I can't imagine what this would be like even twenty years ago. 

See you guy back in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment