Sunday, April 22, 2012

Care Package Project #1

Confession: I think most affordable note cards/stationary sets are UGLY. Or the ones I do like, are usually a bit too feminine for me to send to him. Plus that stuff is expensive. I admit, I did splurge on a beautiful set of Kate Spade cards that will probably go into the next package. Beautiful, expensive stationary I can't quit you! Too bad I'm a student on a pretty strict budget. 

For now, I decided to play around with making some of my own. I bought a pack of 10 flat cards and envelopes and a few sheets of scrapbook paper at Michael's. Thanks to a coupon and a sale, this cost me a total of about $3. 

I originally planned to line all the envelopes in the paper, but found it was easier/more effective for me to just cover one side of the note cards instead. I experimented with a few different styles, and came up with these:



I wrote in a silver metallic sharpie on the other side, just fun silly things that maybe will brighten his day. I packaged all ten up, numbered them, and left instructions on a post-it to open them whenever he needs a pick-me-up or some love :) 

I have a few actual greeting cards that are going along too, but this set is purely for fun.

This first care package ROCKS you guys. I should be able to share it in a day or two :)



No comments:

Post a Comment