Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How Do I Feel?

Thats the question people love to ask me now that the date is only a couple days away: How are you feeling about it?


Frankly, mixed up.


Part of me is gripped by panic every time I think about the good bye and how painful that is going to be. Even mentally poking at that scenario makes me want to just bawl. And it's stressful!


On the other hand, I'm so sick and tired of the build up, I mean, we've known since December! There's a part of me that just wants to be on the other side of this, to just start building my own routine and getting through this deployment so it can be over. I'm ready to send care packages and graduate and get through this so we can start our lives again.


So thats how I'm feeling today. I wonder what I'll be saying a week from now. That thought terrifies me a little, yo. But I can't stop this, so I just have to try and thrive on my own for a few months.



No comments:

Post a Comment