Saturday, April 14, 2012

On Stress

With roughly a week to go, I was sitting here patting myself on the back for not falling prey to the stress and fighting most couples experience right before someone deploys.


Until today.


What a stressful disaster. I guess we aren't immune, we've just been saving up our frustration for one explosively awful day. We tried to do some pre-deployment shopping, getting stuff he needs, picking up some bulk care package items, you know, normal stuff. It ended up being a giant stress monster of a task.


Somehow shopping for deployment just made us face its imminent start and we just melted down. It starts with tension, building to annoyances, escalates to fighting, and ends with one and a half of us in "I don't want you to go" tears. I still want to cry even while I type this. I've been sort of pushing the reality of him leaving out of my mind, mainly so I can cheerfully function day-to-day, but after today its all kind of hitting me like a truck.


This week is going to miserable.


At least I have wine?


Gonna need a lot more of this stuff...

2 comments:

  1. I plan on systematically drinking away this entire semester over the summer. You're welcome to join me. :D

    ReplyDelete