Monday, June 18, 2012

Care Package #4: Alien

My boyfriend LOVES the movie Alien, and since the sequel, Prometheus just came out and he actually got to see it at the base he is at, I figured this was an appropriate theme for a care package!



I printed off movie stills and used star and planet stickers



I also made little alien attack "survival kits" which were brown take-out boxes from Michael's filled with useful things and little presents all fitting a theme.

For the "Clean" kit


Printed labels

Complete!

For the "Hydrate" kit


Almost finished!
"Relax" had tea, a back massager, and a cigar, "Energize" had homemade granola bars, "Love" had a shirt I'd been sleeping in, the contents of "Clean" are shown above, and "Hydrate", of course, had the Mio!


A package of notecards, as usual




I forgot to take a picture of the box finalized, but the rest of the space in it was taken up by items he had requested, a Method hand soap refill, toothbrushes, and Annie's cheddar bunnies, among other things. I also included an article I printed off with little-known facts about the movie Alien. It actually ended up getting to him the same day he saw Prometheus, so it worked out perfectly :)

2 comments:

  1. This is Genius! I just came to your blog, via Pinterest, and I love all your care packages! This is going to be my first deployment, so I'm nervous as hell, but I will entertain myself doing care packages for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You will do great, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete