Sunday, July 15, 2012

Transitions

I suppose the point of having a relationship is to have a partner, someone who's on your team. What happens when your team member can't be there and life is throwing things at you left and right? E is thousands of miles away and has limited communication with me. Meanwhile, since he's been gone, I wrote a thesis, graduated college, moved back home, sold and moved out of our family home with my dad and brother, and am now living with my dad's girlfriend until our new house becomes available August 1st. I am also planning on getting a new car to replace my current unreliable one, and getting things in order to move back to Washington in October, all while crafting a resume and beginning the job hunt. 


The period of time right after graduating college is notoriously unstable, and I'm navigating this without the familiar comfort and support of my partner, which is kind of bizarre. I'm making major life choices and going through huge life changes basically without him. On one hand it makes me a bit sad, knowing I'm going it alone and he's missing this period of time, on the other it's an affirmation of my independence and abilities as a person to not need anyone else in order to successfully run my life. Most of all I guess it makes me worried. I have changed since he left. He said goodbye to a college student and is coming back to a young professional entering the workforce, with 6 months of intense change behind her. I'm hoping this will ultimately have a positive effect on our relationship, but it will definitely take some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment