Monday, February 27, 2012

Before He Goes...

I have a few lists of both practical stuff and fun stuff I want to get out of the way/ go out and do before he leaves. We both have busy schedules right now, me trying to finish my last semester of college, and him with work, but I'd really like to get around to some of this.


First, the practical stuff. We agreed on a budget and frequency of care packages, and have started collecting items we know he will need. One of my more brilliant ideas was to have him start buying two of every body product he replaced (shampoo, face wash, shaving cream, toothpaste, etc) before he leaves and giving me one to hold on to. I've got quite the stockpile now after 3 months, and it will save me the time and money later. We also made sure all of his important information was stored properly and figured out where all of his stuff was going to stay. We do still need to talk about storage options for a couple more things, but its largely figured out.


As for the fun stuff, we live quite close to Seattle right now, though I will be moving home to the San Francisco Bay Area for the duration of his deployment, and theres quite few things on my bucket list before I do. I'd really like to go see at least one more concert with E, and would LOVE to go see the Seattle troll as well as the Kubota Japanese Gardens. I desperately want to go on a Theo Chocolate factory tour, see the public library, go back to the SAM, visit the Frye Museum, and hit a few happy hours in the city. There are some beautiful restaurants with great deals for happy hours and late nights. My favorite thus far has been Toulouse Petit, but there are several others I'm itching to go to. The other thing I've wanted to do here for a long time is go wine tasting in this region, and as E and I share a growing love and appreciation for wine, its something we'd like to do.


Blurry cell phone picture of Seattle from Kerry Park




Maybe we can start devoting some weekend time to these things :) Creating some more good memories is at the top of my priorities list.

No comments:

Post a Comment